London, UK - July 25th, 2018 - Lenses v2.1 is now generally available
- Topology View for your apps (Kstream, Spark, Akka) and microservices.
- Lenses SQL now has full XML support
- Lenses SQL now has Array support
- Lenses SQL now has CSV support
- Lenses SQL now has PROTOBUF support
- Lenses SQL new functions UUID, ARRAY_SIZE, REGEXP
- Lenses SQL can now access Kafka Headers when querying
- Schema Registry support for HortonWorks Schema Registry
- Global Kerberos Single Sign-On support
- New UX: View Kubernetes pods logs
- New UX: On a topic you can now delete partition data up to a given offset
- The dependency on Zookeeper is not mandatory anymore. This makes it easier to run Lenses in cloud.
- Allow Inserting messages in AVRO topics with
- SQL - improved decoder validation on joins
- SQL - push down filter predicates in joins. This avoids streaming records that are not part of the join
- SQL - supporting any AVRO union of (X,Y,Z) - types. We do not advocate for such AVRO constructs though.
- SQL - allow group aggregations over a key field on OUTER joins. i.e. FROM left outer join right ON left.fieldA = right.fieldX GROUP BY tumble/hop/session/slide, _key
Thanks to a vibrant community and our clients multiple improvements are beyond the scope of the release notes.
London, UK - September 5th, 2018 - Lenses v2.1.5 is now generally available
- Zookeeper connection is not required - Useful for managed cloud deployments where the Zookeeper nodes connection is not exposed.
- SQL - Browsing live data with filter for topics containing custom serde (like protobuf) does not yield an error
- SQL - Streaming now allows INSERT INTO $TARGET_TOPIC SELECT NULL FROM $SOURCE_TOPIC [WHERE]
- SQL - Streaming does not yield an error on grouping on JSON payload INSERT INTO $TARGET_TOPIC SELECT * FROM $JSON_SOURCE_TOPIC GROUP BY groupingField
London, UK - September 10th, 2018 - Lenses v2.1.6 is now generally available
- SQL - Referencing fields in an Avro payload containing UNION types is now supported. These are typically found in topics used for event sourcing.
London, UK - September 11th, 2018 - Lenses v2.1.7 is now generally available
- Rest Client for Kafka - Fixed the connection issue when using the HTTP based clients for Apache Kafka
London, UK - September 20th, 2018 - Lenses v2.1.8 is now generally available
- Lenses SQL streaming - Fixed for queries where group by is using nested fields
London, UK - September 23th, 2018 - Lenses v2.1.9 is now generally available
- Topics Screen - In rare circumstances, when Kafka connection was re-established new topics were not picked up
London, UK - October 2nd, 2018 - Lenses v2.1.10 is now generally available
- Quotas screen - Fixed creating Kafka Quotas
- Connect topics - Latest connect version adds an _ in front of the topics used by Connect, and now these topics are marked as system topics.