London, UK - March 19, 2020, Lenses 3.1 is now generally available
If you are upgrading from an older version, make sure to check the Upgrade Notes.
- Connections Lenses provides a connection manager in order to securely manage connection details for external services.
- Alerts integrations with external services Lenses supports secure channels configuration to allow you fine tuned alerts routing. Integration supports Slack, PagerDuty, DataDog, Alert Manager, CloudWatch and Webhook.
- Lenses schema editing Users are now able to edit the topics metadata, such as Topic schema and Schema types resulting to increased flexibility for non Avro formats.
- Increase topic partitions Ability to increase the amount of partitions per topic directly through the Topics screen, or by CLI.
- Elasticsearch Integration - Preview Feature: SQL on Elasticsearch data. Integration with Elasticsearch connections to enrich the experience when creating end-to-end streaming pipelines to elastic. Create Elasticsearch connections, see inside the indices, run SQL queries on data, get information about the cluster health
- SAML Single Sign On (SSO) authentication support for Azure
- Manage consumer offsets for multiple partitions at once, choose between current earliest or latest offset, or specific date and time.
- All users of BASIC authentication type are able to change their own passwords directly inside Lenses application.
- Improve the user experience in the connectors list page by adding filters by type/state and adding pagination.
- UX revamp of Lenses SQL Studio. Cleaner UX, multiple tabs and keyboard shortcuts are introduced.
3.1.1 Patch Release¶
London, UK - April, 2020 Lenses 3.1.1 is now generally available
- SQL performance increase
- SQL CAST function now allows to change Timestamp to Long CAST(_meta.timestamp as LONG)
- SQL CAST function now allows to change INT/LONG to Timestamp CAST(fieldA as TIMESTAMP)
- Improve logs output when we the configuration files exist but we cannot read them (e.g permissions issue)
- Display the retention bytes or milliseconds as
infinitewhen the topic config is -1 (Infinite)
- Do not ignore a
-1when creating a topic
- Do not override brokers metrics settings in
lenses.confwith the autodetected values from Zookeeper
- Topology - external apps will now visible without requiring ViewSQLProcessors permission
- Do not overflow audit logs with k8s secrets updates initiated by Lenses instead of user or service accounts
- Fix issue with search and pagination in Groups and Connections pages
- Fix issue when upgrading from 3.0.x, some clients get
JdbcSQLDataException: Value too long for column
- Remove timestamp filters from ElasticSearch screen as they are Kafka specific feature
3.1.2 Patch Release¶
London, UK - May, 2020 Lenses 3.1.2 is now generally available
- Performance of SQL UI components significantly improved
- Improved Consumers’ polling logic
- SQL fixes for LEFT/RIGHT JOIN
- Fix propagation of some Akka settings in
lenses.confto the library
- Fix for AWS metrics in certain setups