Setup CloudWatch to route alerts to AWS CloudWatch.
An AWS account with access to CloudWatch is required.
First, Lenses needs to get access to your AWS environment. This is done by creating an AWS connection.
1. Visit Admin → Connections and click New connection
2. Under “Alert & audit channels”, Select AWS
3. Provide a name to your liking and configuration and press “Save Connection”
Next add one or multiple target CloudWatch channels.
1. Visit Admin → Channels → New Alert Channel and click AWSCloudWatch
2. Setup the configuration options. The name can be anything to your taste. For the connection, select the previously created AWS connection. For “source”, provide a string that allows you to uniquely identify CloudWatch events originating from Lenses.
For example the above will create the cw-devops alert channel, that is using the aws connection having as source the lenses.alerts.
With Lenses now setup to turn alerts into CloudWatch events, let’s make those events go somewhere. To do so, create a CloudWatch Rule in AWS.
In the AWS console:
After having setup the previous steps, Lenses will now emit CloudWatch events for alerts, and the CloudWatch Rule you created in AWS will make the event get routed to a log. An example of such a log looks like this.
On this page